2. You’re a chef and a restaurateur, a mother, a judge on Chopped on the Food Network and multiple appearances on other programs. How do you juggle it all?
I can tell you that balance is a myth, I live each day at a time! I have to give a big thanks to the wonderful support system I have in my family and team who make sure that I succeed in each aspect. Also, I am crazy.
3. If you could share one surprising thing about yourself, what would it be?
I am a Bollywood movie junkie!
4. If you could eat anywhere in the world, where would that be?
At this moment in life I would love to try the street foods in Vietman!
5. Which talent would you most like to have that you don’t possess?
I wish I could dance elegantly!
6. What’s your favorite meal to cook for friends?
I cook professionally, so I actually like to give my friends the opportunity to cook for me!
7. Who was your mentor or role model as you were becoming a chef?
I have found inspiration in each and every person I have worked with throughout my career, from instructors, to bosses, dishwashers to line cooks, and everywhere in between!
8. What can attendees expect from your demonstration at the 2018 International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of NY?
I hope that people will walk away with a different understanding of how to use Indian spices and ingredients and really own them to create something wonderful!
9. What can your fans expect from you next?
They will have to wait and see!