THE 2019 FLORIDA RESTAURANT & LODGING SHOW AND HEALTHY FOOD EXPO FLORIDA TO BRING TOGETHER THOUSANDS OF RESTAURANT, FOODSERVICE AND HOSPITALITY COMMUNITY THIS WEEKEND IN ORLANDO
ORLANDO, FL, September 9, 2019 – On September 15-16 thousands of restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry professionals will gather for the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo Florida at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. Attendees will have access to two trade shows and conferences which will offer something for each part of the community with education, culinary demonstrations, exhibits and networking opportunities.
“We are looking forward to bringing together the key players in restaurant, foodservice and retail establishments to participate in this largest gathering offering an expansive exhibit hall with 400+ exhibitors, culinary demonstration and competitions with celebrity chefs, hundreds of education sessions across the three events and dozens of networking opportunities.” said Tom Loughran, Vice President of the Clarion UX Food & Beverage Group. Visit www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com/ for the latest information.
The event will kick off with the Show Party at BB King’s Blues Club on Saturday, September 14 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm sponsored by The Central Florida Chapter of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association for an evening of networking, music and fantastic food. For ticket information, please visit https://www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com/frla
Below is a schedule of the special events:
Sunday, September 15: Exhibit Hall open 10 am - 6 pm
- Profitable Menu Design A menu is a restaurants’ number one marketing and profitability tool. Donald Burns, Author and Advisor will teach about menu size, fonts and colors, tips and tricks, pricing, designing on a budget, and menu rollouts. (9:30am - 11:30am).
- The Coaches “Hot Seat”: Join David Scott Peters, Restaurant Coach & Expert; Emma Vaughn, Local Outreach Manager for GoDaddy Social; and Darren Denington, Founder & President from Service with Style Hospitality Group who will select a restaurant owner and explore who, what, where, when, and why of their business operations. (10:30 am – 11:30 am)
- Torch Award Presentation and Culinary Demonstration with James and Julie Petrakis and Nick Sierputowski, Chef’s and Owners of The Ravenous Pig, will receive this year's Torch Award, recognizing their outstanding leadership, philanthropic efforts, extraordinary talent and innovation. (4:30 pm - 6:00 pm)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Mareya Ibrahim, Founder and CEO of Grow Green Industries, creators of patented, plant-based organic and Kosher solutions for food safety and shelf life extension, will demonstrate her blender gazpacho with baked avocado crisps. (10:30 am - 11:30 am)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli, owner of Eating House, Chopped Champion victor, and 3-time James Beard Nominee, will demonstrate his unique European inspired creations and flavorful dishes. (11:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Guillermo Pernot, “Chef Partner” at the Cuba Libra Restaurant & Bar, and author will demonstrate his curried Bahamian style spiny lobster. (12:30 pm - 1:30 pm)
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Rum Edition is an entertaining and exciting featured event where bartenders will demonstrate their creative and delicious Rum beverages in front of an esteemed judging panel. (1:30 pm - 3:30 pm)
- The Tasty Trio: Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Perfectly Prepared! Wine, Cheese & Chocolate pairing by The Tasty Trio is an experience fueled by the passion of three ladies and three awesome, Florida owned businesses. Jill Ramsier, Co-Owner of Quantum Leap Winery; Tonda Corrente, Owner/President of La Femme du Fromage; and Lisa Wilk, founder of Orlando Uncorked Wine Events. (2:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Roberto Trevino, “Puerto Rico’s Rock Star Chef from Food Network's Iron Chef America, and owner of Bar Gitano, El Barill and Casa Lola will demonstrate 4 ceviche dishes developed for the Don Julio Mexican Kitchen and Ceviche Bar. (3:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
Monday, September 16: Exhibit Hall open 10 am - 5 pm
- AllerTrain: an ANSI accredited, manager-level food allergy and gluten-free training course informs foodservice professionals about the most common food allergens, proper protocol for preparing foods to avoid cross contamination, and special dietary needs. Beth Winthrop, MS, RD, Food Allergy Specialist will teach this workshop. (8:30 am – 10:30 am)
- Pitch the Press - You are invited to a unique one-hour event to experience presentations from a specially selected group of the most intriguing new products, services, and trends from the exhibit floor. Each presenter will be given the opportunity to pitch for 2 minutes, followed by a 1-minute Q&A for press and buyers. (10:15 am – 11:15 am, booth #1237)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef John Rivers, Founder and CEO of 4 Rivers Smokehouse and author will demonstrate his love for barbeque (11:30 am - 12:15pm)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Kristy Carlucci - Chef Cristy, a pastry chef at The Osprey Tavern, and Orlando Magazine Dining Award Hall of Fame Recipient. (12:15 pm - 1:00 pm)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Shaun O’Neale, master chef, author will demonstrate a traditional Italian risotto with a spin in honor of Meatless Monday. (1:00 pm - 2:00 pm)
- Beacon Award Presentation to Heather McPherson, Florida Restaurant and Food Publicist, Award-Winning Cookbook Author and Food Writer, and Florida Farms Advocate will be honored for her leadership, contribution and inspiration. The award will be presented at the Foodservice Council for Women panel discussion. (2:00 pm - 3:00 pm)
- Take Back Your Budget: The Key to Profitability Workshop David Scott Peters, restaurant coach and developer of the Restaurant Prosperity Formula, will teach how to build a budget the right way to be profitable, and focus on the single, most-controllable number in any restaurant. (2:0 0pm – 5:00 pm)
- Why Whiskey: Tasting & Education Workshop Tom Fisher, Whiskey Expert & Educator will offer owners of establishments, bartenders, and anyone who regularly works with spirits the opportunity to taste previously unreleased and new bourbons. (2:30 pm – 4:00 pm).
- The Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition - Competitors from FitLiving Eats, Nick’s Bistro and Our Urban Homestead will present a 20-minute demo of their meatless dish to a panel of three esteemed industry judges and live audience who will vote on the winner and crown the Rapid Fire Champion. (3:30 pm – 5:00 pm).
The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo are produced and managed by Clarion UX, and sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association. Clarion UX produces 40 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA; Tulsa, OK and Fairlawn, NJ.
# # #