“Fresh From Florida” Pavilion To Be Featured At Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show
ORLANDO, FL, July 17, 2014 –The 2014 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show is proud to announce a partnership with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to launch the new “Fresh From Florida” Pavilion. This new pavilion, which will be part of the Food Trends Experience on the show floor, will offer tantalizing organic, sustainable, artisanal, gluten-free and ethnic ingredients giving restaurant and foodservice operators the opportunity to source local, Florida offerings. Thousands of restaurant and foodservice industry professionals from throughout the Southeast will gather at The 2014 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show taking place Sunday, September 7 - Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.
“The top restaurant menu trend is focused on local sourcing, and we are thrilled to be offering the new “Fresh From Florida” Pavilion where our attendees will be able to find a variety of local products,” said Ron Mathews, Vice President, Restaurant and Foodservice Events Portfolio. “Restaurants are looking for the freshest ingredients to bring to consumers who are increasingly interested in where their food is coming from.”
Companies that have already signed up to participate in the “Fresh From Florida” Pavilion including:
- Auburndale Fruit – wholesale shippers of locally grown watermelons from South and Central Florida.
- DF Bakery – offers the finest baked goods, breads, croissants, and rolls all baked in the European Tradition from their company headquarters based in Winter Garden, FL.
- Fat Cat Gourmet Foods – based in Orlando, FL is a national award-winning condiments company dedicated to making gourmet hot sauces for retail, food service and private labeling.
- Gelato Petrini - Offers a full range of sorbet and gelato from its state of the art laboratory in Delray Beach, Florida.
- Jack Scalisi Wholesale Fruit & Produce- based in West Palm Beach, FL provides South Florida with the finest produce for more than thirty years.
- Seminole Brand Development – based in Wimleuhaven, FL, The Seminole Tribe of Florida has developed a heritage of “sustainable” agricultural practices that maintains the environment while producing Naturally Native™ products, delicious Florida citrus juices and fresh fruit.
“We were pleased when the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association approached us about having a new “Fresh From Florida” Pavilion at the 2014 Florida Restaurant and Lodging Show in Orlando,” says Jackie Moalli, Division of Marketing and Development – Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. “This added exposure will certainly strengthen our brand awareness among Florida’s leading F&B professionals.”
The “Fresh From Florida” Pavilion will be part of the Food Trends Experience, a highlight of the event, where attendees will have direct access to product, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market – healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, and more. A few of the companies participating in the Food Trends Experience include: Amoroso's Baking Company, Captain Foods, Carmi Flavor & Fragrance Co Inc, Fresh Origins LLC, La Chiquita Tortilla, Northfork Bison Distribution Inc, Teaspoon Willie's, in addition to 50 more.
The “Fresh From Florida” Pavilion and Food Trends Experience will be part of an expansive show floor offering 400+ exhibiting companies showcasing the latest food products and services available for restaurant and foodservice professionals. The event will also feature a full line up of chefs presenting cooking demonstrations in the Culinary Theater including Chefs Emeril Lagasse and Ryan Vargas. Additional highlights during the show include access to the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum with 30+ complimentary sessions, ACF Culinary Competitions and Chefs Table Luncheons, the new ROAM Food Truck Academy, New Product Gallery, Foodservice Council for Women and more.
For more information on exhibiting or attending the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, visit the official Show website at www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com. The Show is owned by Urban Expositions and sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association (www.frla.org). Kennesaw, GA based Urban Expositions has become one of the fastest growing and most successful trade show companies in the United States. Urban offers a complete roster of trade show management services, including exhibit sales and marketing, operations, exhibitor/attendee promotions and services, media relations, seminar and event coordination, database development and management. Contact Urban Expositions at www.urban-expo.com.
# # #