Winners Of Innovative New Product Showcase And The Food Trends Experience Announced At The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show
First Annual Pitch the Press Also Recognized Innovative New Products
ORLANDO, FL, October 8, 2015 – The Winners of the People's Choice Awards for the New Product Showcase were announced today at the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, being held at the Orange County Convention Center. Thousands of attendees voted for their favorite products. The overall winner for Best in Show was Fresh Origins for their new products including Mushroom Leaf and Leaf Sorrel Butterfly Purple. The 1st place runner up was Creative Carding for their innovative gift card boxes and folders; and the 2nd place runner up was Madhouse by Michael Aram for their dinnerware collection. The winner of the Best New Product in the Food Trends Experience was Ashlynn’s Gourmet for their Honey Habanera Glaze. In addition, Cesar Quintero, COO and Founder of Fit2Go won a $500 shopping spree on the show floor.
Following is a list of the companies who participated in the New Product Showcase:
||Honey Habanero Glaze
||Aunt Fannie's FlyPunch! We kill fruit flies.
||Manufacture and Distribution of Handblown glassware
||Patented system for heating chafing dishes without the need for open flames, Sterno, canned fuel.
|Creative Carding by Prestar Packaging
||Innovative gift card boxes and folders in the country
||Accommodate Large Groups Faster
||Wild Salma Kalamata Mousse
||The most effective solution to can virtually eliminate losses flatware to the trash.
|Fresh from Florida
||Drive awareness and sales of Florida's $100 billion agriculture industry.
||New products including Mushroom Leaf and Leaf Sorrel Butterfly Purple
||New Flavors include Gianduia, Vanilla Bean and Caramel Macchiato
||Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Curds
||New flavors including Watermelon Kiss, Mint; Green Goddess Antioxidant, Kale; After Party Beets, Green Lover Spinach, Celery;
|Madhouse by Michael Aram
||Ice Cream Cone made of golf clubs
||Liquid Food Composter
||Real Estate Professionals Dedicated to the Restaurant Industry.
||Modern hand dryers.
|The Catering Box
||The safe and professional way to transport food
|The Mushroom Guy
||Mushroom grower and distributor to caterers, pizza chain's restaurant's.
||Bloody Mary Mix that is Gluten Free, Lowest Sodium 280mg, Natural, No HFCS
Pitch the Press - Several industry journalists scoured the show floor on the opening day to find some of the most unique and interesting new products and then invited the exhibitors to present a two minute pitch to a room full of editors in the first annual Pitch the Press Event. Products that were pitched included:
- Ashlynn’s Gourmet’s Sweet Honey Habanero Glaze
- BikeCruz’ Pedal Party
- Buffet Burners’ Industry Heating Table
- Cheer Wine’s Soda Water
- El Marisol’s Chocolate Tortilla
- Flatware Saver’s flatware/ramekins finder
- Flow Menu’s New Mobile Payment System
- Gelato Petrini New Flavors including Gianduia, Vanilla Bean and Caramel Macchiato
- Heineken USA’s BrewLock Draught Beer System
- Hoshizaki Southeastern’s Cres Series Refrigerated Equipment Stand
- Leafware’s Palm Leaf Utility Tray/Mini Trays
- NatureSeal’s product for Avocado’s to last for five days
- Roa’s Speciality’s Lemon Cooking Sauce
- Strahl’s Bar Butler and Shot Glass
- The Catering Box’ The Safe and Professional Way to Transport Food
- The Mushroom Guy’s Mushrooms packed for 21 day shelf life
- Tony Chachere’s Bloody Mary Mix
# # #
For further information, contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations
The 2015 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show