Highlights for Monday, March 6th at the 24th Annual International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York
NEW YORK, NY, March 6, 2017 -- The International Restaurant Show is the only event in New York exclusively serving the restaurant and foodservice industry, sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association (www.nysra.org) and produced by Urban Expositions (www.urban-expo.com). The show will be held at the Javits Center in New York City, Monday, March 6th and Tuesday, March 7, 2017. To learn more, visit http://www.internationalrestaurantny.com.
Following is a list of special events:
- Culinary Demonstration - Chef Donatella Arpaia (11:00am - 11:45am, Booth 2265)Best known for her recurring role as head judge on Food Network's Iron Chef America, Donatella has become an influential woman in the world of food, business, and entertaining. She is a two-time winner of the New York Wine & Food Festival "Meatball Madness" competition, and is a regular contributor to NBC's The Today Show
- Chef David Burke will be at the WBM International/Himalayan Chef (11 am - 3 pm, Booth #1652) doing a cooking demonstration and offering his new line of sauces and salad dressings.
- Culinary Demonstration - Dan Jackson, Cafe2 and Terrace5, MoMa (12:00 - 12:45pm, Booth 2265)
- Torch Award presentation to Danny Meyer (1:30 - 2:30pm, Booth 2265). CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and the founder of Shake Shack. Presented by The Food Shows and Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum. Danny's ability to teach and share clearly demonstrates the definition of the Torch.
- Pitch the Press (3:30 pm in Booth 1160) You are invited to a unique one-hour event to experience presentations from a specially selected group of the most intriguing new products, services, and trends. Each presenter will be given the opportunity to pitch for 2 minutes, followed by a 1-minute Q&A for press and buyers.
- Meatless Monday - Panelists to Discuss Meatless Promotions Even Die-Hard Carnivores Would Try: How Foodservice Operators Leverage Meatless Monday(3:00pm - 4:00pm, Room 1C01)
- Culinary Demonstration - Roxanne Spruance, Kingsley (3:00pm - 3:45pm, Booth 2265)
- Closing the Talent Gap (3:00pm - 4:00pm, Room 1C04) - Panelists discuss overcoming recruitment and talent obstacles. Featuring Tracy Wilson, The Great Northern Food Hall; Alejandro Munoz-Suarez, The ONE Group; Andrew Lumsden, Zuma (USA) and moderated by Michael Vigna, the Chef Agency.
# # #
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York will be held from March 5-7, 2017 at the Javits Convention Center in New York. Highlights from the event include the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum; a Culinary Demonstration Theater featuring top chefs; the Food Trends Experience featuring 75 new food and beverage companies; Taste NY Food & Craft Beverage Showcase; Paris Gourmet's US Pastry Chef of the Year Competition, and an expansive show floor with 550+ vendors showcasing the latest products and services from the industry.
About the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York
The 24th annual event was held Sunday, March 5 - Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City. The show brought together thousands of foodservice, restaurant and hospitality professionals from New York State, and featured more than 550+ leading vendors, accompanying the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum education sessions and buzz building special events. The show is owned and produced by Urban Expositions, and sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association, a member of the National Restaurant Association. For more information on exhibiting or attending, visit the official Show website at www.internationalrestaurantny.com.
For further information, Contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations Contact
978-475-4441 (office) or 978-502-4895 (cell)
To register for press credentials, click here