The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show co-located with the Healthy Food Expo Florida is accepting submissions for presenting faculty for our 2021 Education Program. We are seeking talented speakers who are objective, dynamic and have boundless enthusiasm for sharing their expertise and knowledge.
2021 Education Program
This year’s education program has been reformatted to provide the most relevant education to each segment of the hospitality marketplace. The new conference line-up consists of FIVE INDIVIDUAL SUMMITS, each serving the immediate and focused needs of the professionals outlined below:
- Independent Restaurant
- Commercial & Institutional Foodservice Summit
- Small to Mid-Sized Chains Summit
- Retailer Summit
- TechBytes Summit
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of our speaking opportunities will be supplied by food and beverage operator speakers. If you are a supplier or consultant interested in speaking, please supply examples of potential operator clients who could speak to the subject you’re submitting.
- THE FOLLOWING FORMATS ARE ENCOURAGED:
- Single - Presenter Sessions: These sessions present topics of interest in the foodservice market that enhance productivity or shed light on how to resolve particular problem or issue. Conference sessions can be single-leader, co-presenters, or panel formats with the goal of presenters sharing their insights and expertise on a particular instance of industry knowledge. Sessions are approximately 60 minutes in length.
- Panel Presentations: The strongest consideration will be given to moderated panel discussions, featuring several leading experts from the foodservice industry to discuss a topic in one of the proposed tracks above.
- Roundtable Discussions, Topic Debates, Tastings, CEO/Celebrity Keynotes or Headliners.
- SUGGESTIONS AND REMINDERS:
- Keep in mind that the quality of the description that you submit matters as well as titles! Be creative with your discussion but not too creative with your title - a short, to the point title works best. The ability for your description to clearly explain what the attendees will learn from you is the key to having your submission make it through evaluation.
- Product pitches are NOT education. Attendees do not like being sold on a specific company when they have invested their valuable time and money to recieve tactical training. A strong alternative is a hosted panel discussion of your top clients discussing the importance of a product/company like yours.
- Do a reality check on your submission. It is important to be aware of the marketplace and what's on attendee minds.
Submissions are subjected to the following review:
- Originality - Topics should provide a unique perspective, viewpoint or way of doing something
- Timeliness and Interest - Topics should contain new material not previously presented at other events/or within our Food Show Portfolio if you are a returning speaker
- Educational Value - An objective presenation that meets the educational needs of the audience is optimal to enhancing the credibility of the speaker, the speaker's employer and the program
- Sales pitches are NOT considered
- Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered
- The majority of our speaking opportunities will be supplied by food and beverage operator speakers. If you are a supplier or consultant interested in speaking, please supply examples of potential operator clients who could speak to the subject you’re submitting
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY, JUNE 25, 2021!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Email Lauren Selman @ email@example.com