FLORIDA RESTAURANT & LODGING SHOW ANNOUNCES, “LIVE AT YOUR TABLE” ONLINE EDUCATION PROGRAM TO BE HELD SEPTEMBER 21 AND 22
For full access to the program visit https://www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com/live-your-table.Trumbull, CT, September 11, 2020 – The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will be offering “Live at Your Table,” an online experience for restaurant, foodservice and catering professionals to address and fulfill their growing business needs. Operators will have the opportunity to source the newest and best-selling products and services from vendors and participate in nearly 40 education sessions. Sessions will be presented in four Summits to provide programs that best align with the business needs for independents, multi-unit, foodservice and retail professionals. This free, online event will take place Monday, September 21 and Tuesday, September 22.
“We thank our association partner the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association for their continued support as well as our sponsors Sani Professional and Square, Inc. Normally, this community would gather for two days in-person to experience the newest trends, products and services - now they can take advantage of this virtual program from the comfort of their restaurant or kitchen table,” said Tom Loughran, Vice President for the Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group. “We are excited to bring our community together online to have access to two days of live and on demand sessions, robust content, culinary demonstrations, networking opportunities with peers, and an online product directory.”
The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association will present two sessions. On Monday, September 21 from 8:45 to 9:30 am Carol Dover, President/CEO Florida Restaurant & Hotel Association; John Horne, President, Anna Maria Oyster Bar; and Lisa Lombardo, Chief People and Culture Officer, HDG Hotels will present: What would a $15 minimum wage (a 77% increase in labor cost) mean for your business and Florida’s hospitality Industry? On Tuesday, September 22 from 8:45 to 9:30 am, Simone Barron, Co- Founder Full Service Workers Alliance, and a lifelong restaurant worker, who recounts how "helping" her impacted her wallet, her career, and her life will present Why a $15 Minimum Wage might cost you your job?
In addition, the following sessions will be available within each of the four summits. For full access to the program visit https://www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com/live-your-table.
- A sample of sessions for Independents will include: Maximize Hospitality – Minimal Contact; Three Things You Must Do Now: The Restaurant Survival Guide; How Technology Helps Independents Compete with the Big Boys (sponsored by Square, Inc.); and Lease Negotiating Tactics for Restaurants.
- A sample of the sessions for Small to Mid-Sized Chains will include: Restaurant Design Evolution in the Time of COVID-19; How to Position Your SMB for Growth – Strategic Planning and Positioning (sponsored by Square, Inc.); Focus on Customer Service like Your Business Depends on it, because it Does!; Eight Secrets to Thriving in the Post-COVID Economy; and Epic Post-Pandemic Beverage Programs.
- A sample of the sessions for Foodservice will include: Yes, There are Catering Companies Thriving Right Now; Leverage Technology Integration for a Multi-Concept Space (sponsored by Square, Inc.); and Operational Impacts in a Multi-Concept Environment.
- A sample of the sessions for Retailers will include: Are You Reading a False Positive?; What’s on the Label is as Important as What’s Inside; Using Technology to Pull it All Together (sponsored by Square, Inc.); PPP Loan Forgiveness; Unlocking Profitable Growth in Grocery eCommerce: Click & Collect and Microfullfillment Centers; Leveraging Shifts in Your 2020 Customer; Base to Drive Market Share and Brand Loyalty; and Farm to Store: Adding Flexibility to the Supply Chain.
There will also be several General Sessions for all attendees including:
- What are you doing on Social Media with the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association
- Eight Hot Tips for Keeping a Safer, Zero-Waste Kitchen
- Coaches Hot Seat
- Reinventing the Industry - a Conversation with Andrew Zimmerman and Rohini Dey
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Shaun O’Neale
- Michael Politz and his Friends in the Industry
- Increasing Restaurant Online Food Orders
- Foodservice Council for Women Panel Discussion
- Safety Has Always Been #1...However Your Customers Now Want to See It (Sponsored by Sani Professional)
- Resetting Your Restaurant from Survive to Thrive: Five Keys to Save Your Sanity and Build Your Sales, Profits, and Team!
Clarion Events Food and Beverage Group is committed to providing operators and the overall restaurant, foodservice, catering, and coffee/tea industry with tools to connect and rebuild their business by supporting the marketplace with a COVID-19 Resource Center. This online platform provides access to uniquely produced education focused on operators’ most relevant needs, along with aggregated industry education, plus association resources, industry links, and more. For updated information, and to stay connected and educated, visit our Restaurant & Foodservice Industry Resource Page and our Specialty Coffee Industry Resource Page.
Clarion Events (www.clarionevents.com) produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. The shows that are part of the Food & Beverage portfolio include the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York, Healthy Food Expo, Coffee Fest and The NGA Show. Clarion Events, backed by The Blackstone Group, has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion Events has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.
# # #