PLANT-BASED FOODS, ADA REGULATIONS, AND DIGITAL MARKETING TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE FLORIDA RESTAURANT & LODGING SHOW AND HEALTHY FOOD EXPO
Education Program and Workshops Announced for September Event Taking Place In Orlando
ORLANDO, FL June 25, 2019 – On September 15 and 16, chefs, restaurant owners, foodservice professionals and retailers will gather for The 2019 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, co-located with Healthy Food Expo Florida at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. One of the main reasons thousands of industry professionals will convene at this leading event is to gain knowledge from subject matter experts who will share important information on issues impacting the restaurant, foodservice, and food retail industries. For access to the education program, visit https://www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com/2019-education-program
The countdown begins, with just under 100 days left until the show, we are thrilled to offer a tremendous line-up of subject matter experts focused on the hottest topics related to building a winning team, health & diet, marketing & social media, operational excellence, bar & beverage, and more,” said Tom Loughran, Vice President, Clarion UX Food & Beverage Group. “The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo Florida education programs combined offers over 30 complimentary sessions to registered attendees. New for this year, an additional selection of sessions will be offered before the show floor opens to meet the needs our guests are requesting – which is even more access to this impactful content.”
Below is a sampling of topics that will be discussed in each track:
- Operational Excellence – Negotiating Leases and Renewals; Understanding Food Costs; Executing Company Vision; Exit Strategies; and How To Drop Food Costs.
- Health and Diet - Plant Friendly Ingredients; Box Greens, From Crate To Plate; Neuro-Nutrition; Food Allergies/Gluten Free Diets; and Plant Based Cuisine.
- Hot Topics - Solving The EMV (Europay/Mastercard/Visa) Dilemma; Hottest Technology Trends; Florida Sales and Use Tax; Embracing ADA Regulations; and Making 3rd Party Delivery Work.
- Marketing & Social Media - Crisis Planning; Social Media; Instagram; Digital Presence; Restaurant Marketing Landscape; and Digital Marketing Boot Camp.
- Building A Winning Team - People Development; Building a Management Team; Building A Winning Culture; and Attract, Train, and Retain Top Talent.
- Bar & Beverage - Bar Hacks; and Increase Your Revenue.
In addition, the following workshops will also be offered in the 2019 Education Program at an additional cost:
- Profitable Menu Design Workshop, with Donald Burns, the restaurant coach and author will explore why menu size matters, fonts, menu psychology tricks, impact colors have on sales, mind tricks to increase profit, pricing, designing a menu on a budget, and a step by step action plan on successful menu rollouts. Attendees will also receive a signed copy of Donald's book Your Restaurant STILL Sucks! and a 3-month membership into the elite Restaurant Masterminds Facebook Group. This workshop takes place, Sunday, September 15 from 9:30 am – 11:30 pm. To register, click here.
- AllerTrain, an ANSI accredited, manager-level food allergy and gluten-free training course will be offered with Beth Winthrop, MS, RD, Food Allergy Specialist. The course is designed to prepare restaurants for gluten free requests, avoiding food allergy-related incidents, and prepare them for emergencies. Exam and certification included. This workshop takes place, Monday, September 16, from 8:30 am – 10:30 am. To register, click here.
- Take Back Your Budget: The Key to Profitability Workshop with restaurant expert David Scott Peters will provide steps to create a budget, how to use a budget to recover from unexpected roadblocks, using budget variance to maintain budgets, to find and calculate the magic number and what makes it what it is, how to figure out where you stand financially, how to change management from reactive to proactive, and a foolproof system for reducing numbers to make more money. Those who attend will receive installation of his Budget Creator Pro Software. This workshop takes place, Monday, September 16, from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm. To register, click here.
The 2019 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will provide access to the hottest menu trends, state of the art design and decor, a renowned education program, special events including the Rapid Fire Challenge, Hip Sip Florida: Battle of the Modern Bartender, the Torch and Beacon Awards, The American Culinary Federation’s Central Florida Chapter Culinary Arts Competition, culinary demonstrations, and an exhibitor list boasting 400+ vendors from food & beverage products, equipment, services, distributors, technology, and more. Register by August 16 to receive advance registration discounts. To register, click here.
Healthy Food Expo Florida brings restaurant, foodservice and retail operators’ food and beverage options for healthy menu and shelf items, nutritional information, preparation techniques and access to the latest healthy products from organic, vegan, gluten-free and allergy-safe to hormone-free, non-GMO, plant-based, low-sodium, low-fat, and more. The Healthy Food Expo offers education sessions which will focus on such hot topics as trending healthy ingredients, plant-based seafood, food allergies, lifestyle diet & nutrition, sourcing local food, healthy beverages, prebiotics, spice sourcing, and much more.
The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show and Healthy Food Expo are produced and managed by Clarion UX, and sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association. Clarion UX produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.
# # #