Our *NEW* Culinary Innovation Theater offers the opportunity to engage in a whole new way with your colleagues as well as world-renowned chefs, bartenders, and culinary professionals.
Culinary Demonstrations with great conversations
A highlighted feature of the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show - the *NEW* Culinary Innovation Theater is an educational, interactive, and entertaining area for restaurant and foodservice professionals who want to stay up to date in the industry.
Come see our featured chefs, watch their cooking demonstrations and taste their samples, while learning about their styles & backgrounds.
CULINARY INNOVATION TECH SPONSOR:
2023 CULINARY INNOVATION THEATER LINE-UP
PhD, WCMC, CEC, AAC
- Founder & CEO, Global Cooking School, LLC
- Inducted into American Academy of Chefs (AAC), the honor society of the American Culinary Federation (ACF), 2023
- Worldchefs Certified Master Chef (WCMC)
- Tenured Associate Professor of Mathematics, Stetson University (since 2000)
- 4-time semifinalist, James Beard Award - Best Chef South (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- 2-time Food & Wine Top 100 Peoples' Chefs in America
- ACF, Certified Executive Chef (CEC), since 2012
- Strategic Advisor, Postelsia
- Chief Sustainability Officers (CSO) Group, Food Tank
- GRIST 50 fixer, 2017
- James Beard Foundation Culinary Equality Mentor
- Chef Partner, Enroot Organics PBC
- Executive Board, Mainstreet DeLand Association
- Inaugural ZAGAT Orlando, Top Food & Restaurant (food score 29/30)
- ACF Excellence in Culinary Achievement
- Chef Rôtisseur, Chaines des Rôtisseurs
- Orlando Sentinel, Culinary Hall of Fame
- Orlando Sentinel, Best Chef
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Foundation
- Multiple author
- ACF Certified Master Chef (CMC) Practical Candidate
- Co-founder & former Co-Owner, Cress Restaurant (2008-2019)
Chef Jason’s passion for food began while learning how to bake alongside his mother at a young age. After moving to Florida from Philadelphia at the age of 15 he was hired as a dishwasher for a busy delicatessen, quickly grasping how the commercial kitchen works. He fell in love with the hospitality industry and has always seen it as an opportunity to serve others. He was accepted to Florida Culinary Institute where he received a degree in culinary arts and hospitality management. He has outstanding technical abilities with a broad knowledge of classical, contemporary, regional and ethnic cuisines. Extensive knowledge of fresh food purchasing, inventory control, purveyor relations and professional networking. Positive interpersonal communication skills promoting development of rapport with staff and guests. Over the past 27 years his experience, work ethic and education brought him to such opportunities as Floridian Golf Club, Medalist Village Club and Spa, Caribe Royale Hotel and The Equestrian Hotel. In 2017 he passed the regimented Certified Executive Chef exam through the American Culinary Federation as this was one of his career goals. More recently Chef Jason has been invited for an initial assessment for the distinguished Master Chef Exam alongside 10 other chefs! Jason and his wife Tonya who is a Florida native raise their beautiful daughter Alexis while making their home in Clermont, Florida.
Internationally-renowned and world-champion senior-food-service executive and culinarian with a very broad executive, operations, and culinary background and a proven track record of leading national, international, not-for-profit, publicly-traded, and private organizations to consistently achieve positive bottom-line results, brand growth, and increased customer loyalty / membership. Proven strategic thinker and planner who understands the importance of quality, unbiased measurements and analysis, and celebrated for creativity and innovative solutions applied to strategic-planning efforts to improve market share, develop new revenue streams, and create long-term stakeholder value. Results-oriented leader with excellent diplomatic, problem-solving, presentation, and motivational skills to establish and obtain buy-in for forward visions, and thereby set up staffs, stakeholders, and companies for long-term success. Energetic and positive team player driven to far exceed expectations.
Experienced Chef with a demonstrated history of working in the consumer goods industry. Skilled in Catering, Cooking, Food Preparation, Hospitality Industry, and Culinary Management. Strong operations professional with a Bachelors Degree focused in Hospitality and Restaurant Management from New England Culinary Institute.